Friday, June 6, 2008

Our secret lives!

The other day I was at the Dollar Tree purchasing some things for Sunday Children's Ministry and noticed the necklace of the cashier ringing up my purchases. It was a replica of some ancient stones found in northern Canada. When I asked her about it she said it is supposed to bring peace and luck, to which she stated she needs a lot of.

Then today at KFC, I noticed a young baby girl in a car seat. The girl's father said it was his first, but his girlfriend's second. That is not sooo extra-ordinary, but gets me thinking what is happening in the lives of people we run into.

Moreover, what would happen if we responded to the prompting of the Holy Spirit to speak into their lives by asking them about it? How about, at least, using it as an opportunity to ask them if we can pray for them? What about having our kids take time to pray? Jesus said the fields are ripe for the Harvest, but the workers are few - are we ready to help reap the Harvest for God's Kingdom?

Dean

1 comment:

  1. This really made me think, because there have definitely been times in my life when I wished someone would ask me how I was doing, so I could really tell the truth and get it off my chest. The idea of someone being able to stop long enough in this busy world, to notice that someone might need a kind word or to be prayed for, is so nice. I think reading this will make me more aware of the people around me and more in tune with other's feelings.

    ReplyDelete