Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Do you trust me?

When I was in college, I was driving along I-69 from Anderson to Indianapolis when my 1974 Ford Mustang Giha Hatchback started to become overheated and eventually broke down. I luckily already had a cell phone and could call a friend. (Yes, there was a time in which we did not have them.) We found out the thermostat was stuck and needed to be replaced. He ran me back into town to purchase a new one and then ran me back to my car. As I was attaching the thermostat housing, I cracked it. Once again, my friend drove me back into town to get a new one. I was attaching the new one WHEN I BROKE IT AGAIN!

We got a new one, to which I made sure I did not crack this one, but I was mad! How could this happen? Am I an idiot? How come God allowed my thermostat to break in the first place? Doesn't he know I have important things to do? I know this may be a silly incident looking back on it, but have you ever felt like that? So angry and yourself, others and even God that you wanted to hit something?

Maybe it is just a guy thing, but I have a feeling we have all been there one time or another. Let me encourage you if you are there now: God has not abandoned you!!! It may not feel like it when you in the midst of it (trust me, I know), but it is true. Believe it, claim it and live it.

God Bless, Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment