Tuesday, October 16, 2007
As I read through several of the Bubbles on either side of the page, I was struck with just how deep some hurts can go. I was also struck with how, apparently, parents and kids don't feel like they can talk to each other. Now, I do not have teenagers yet, though my time is coming, but as parents we must take the lead on talking with our parents. If you can find the time, sit down and write out some of your own secret thoughts about you fears, your kids and your spouse then take the step to share them with someone.
What do you have to loose if you do it? What do you have to loose if you don't?
Friday, October 5, 2007
What do you notice in these pictures beside the guns, sign and the model of the Dome of the Rock? These are KIDS! Boys most likely 8-12 years old. Why use them in their protests? Because they are THE MOST INFLUENTIAL people on the planet! Before age 13, their ideas, values and beliefs are still being formed. If you can get this this young, you will have them for life. You can bet those guns are real!
It's been said, apparently by hundreds of people, that "the Church is only one-generation away from extinction." Muslims understand that. Hitler understood it. (Click here for more on Hitler's Youth.) I think Christians are missing it. We are also missing the point that, according to the most correct information I can find, Islam seems to be the fastest growing religion in the world - NOT Christianity. This is likely not only because of converts but due to the number of children Islamic families are having.
We need to be out there influencing children UNDER the ages of 12, and it starts with our own!
Thursday, October 4, 2007
- October 14th - Equip Training for ALL Children's Ministry volunteers.
- October 20th - Clothing Giveaway for the people of Port Huron. (We need a few volunteers for the children's programming we are providing.)
- October 27th - Make A Difference Day. Check out for information about it here.
- October 31st - Trunk or Treat.
I blogged about the last three events at the Family Journey in Faith blog for you to check out. Also, I will be going to school once again from October 21st through November 2nd (I will only miss one Sunday, the 28th).
If you have not already done so, make room on your calender for the October 14th Equip, "Who is my Neighbor and What do I do with Them?" We will have fun, food and fellowship. What more could you want?
God Bless, Dean
- You can donate candy to be handed out.
- You can decorate your trunk and hand out candy to others.
- You can volunteer at the concessian stand selling great food.
- You can help with parking safety.
So why should your family participate? Here are just a few reasons:
- It is an opportunity for you to intentionally pass on the Faith to your children.
- You get to show the Love of Christ to hundreds of non-Christians around our community.
- You fulfill God's design of helping take care of the environment and world around us.
- You get a free lunch!
- You could even choose your own project (and no, it cannot be to clean up your own yard).
- The first 100 volunteers gets a new hat or visor to keep.
So why not get involved? You can sign up emailing Michele at the church or by calling the church office @ 810-984-5571.