So here's the thing - I ASSUME YOU DO TOO! I assume you are involved in children's ministry because YOU too want to make a difference in the lives of kids. I assume you are involved in children's ministry because God has laid a burden on your heart for kids and their families. I assume you are involved in children's ministry because you find it valuable to bring about changed lives in kids.
So, here is what I would like to propose: That sometime in the next two months, you pray about and seek out one of your friends to get involved in Children's Ministry with you, and then tap their shoulder simply saying "Hey, you should come and observe our children's ministry! The kids are so much fun and we could use you to make a difference in the lives of kids."
Why am I asking you do to this? Many reasons:
- The Bible encourages EVERYONE to get involved in service somewhere.
- The more volunteers we have, the smaller and more succinct we can make the tasks which means less stress for everyone.
- This is the most effective means of increasing the number of volunteers, far more than bulletin annoucncments or pulpit announcments from the pastoral staff.
- If you volunteer with a bunch of your friends, imagine how close you can become with them to help in times of crisis and change.
- I am only one person and can therefore only know and invite so many people, combined we know and have influence over a WHOLE LOT MORE!
So, what do you say? Willing to give it a shot? If you DO invite someone, let them simply observe your classroom, and see if they enjoy it. If not, perhaps there is a differnet ministry setting or age group they would prefer. Let's try it and see what happens.
Post a Comment